Monday, May 11, 2009

Always

Matthew 28:20 "...I am with you alway, [even] unto the end of the world."

This really touched my soul this morning. To think that God will be with me until the end, no if, and or buts about it. I am not worthy of such dedication. If only I could show such dedication to Him. But in turn it is also a lesson. We call ourselves Christians (which means "Christ like"), so we need to act like them. I learned a very valuable lesson when I was a kid. Things learned must first be external, than internal, than external. Essentially what this is saying is, we learn from the Bible externally (i.e. Church, Bible Study). We then need to allow those principles to enter our heart and take root. Once they have taken root, then they will be shown externally in changes in our lifestyle. Until this cycle has been completed, you will never truly be Christ like. Take a moment today, examine yourself. How much dedication have you been giving to God?

1 comment:

  1. The book of James has much to say about your thought today

    ReplyDelete