Tuesday, May 5, 2009

CAST ALL YOUR CARES

1Peter 5:7 "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."

Worrying, how many of us worry? I think that all people worry at least once in their life, some of us have made it an art form. But God does not want that for us. He says in the key passage that He cares for us. God wants to take all of our burdens. Matthew 11:28-30 says, “Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke [is] easy, and my burden is light.” Twice Jesus tells us that we will get rest if we merely cast our cares to Him, and focus our life on God. The burdens of the world can be too much for us to carry, but the burdens of God will never be more than we can handle. Philippians 4:13 tells us that we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. Therefore, giving God all our cares and burdens; and taking on His yoke will allow us to focus on God and not on the things of this world which will pass away.

1 comment:

  1. "The burdens of the world can be too much for us to carry"

    The burdens are, indeed, too much for me. I desire to be better at passing my burden to the Lord

    ReplyDelete